Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Kindle steps down as Bombers manager – Sedalia Democrat

The Sedalia Bombers will have a new manager in 2015.

Jud Kindle is stepping down as manager of the Bombers. He will stay on as owner and general manager and will still be active in baseball as the head baseball coach at Smith-Cotton and the owner of Kindle Sports Academy.

"I'll still be at every home game, doing the advertising and things like that, making sure the games run smooth," he said. "My kids are getting to the age where I think it's important to put my family first and being home. The only thing I changed was being home about 25 days during the summer with my family and being able to be a part of my son's baseball team. He's five right now so he'll start in his youth program. I want to be there for that."

The new manger of the Bombers is Craig McAndrews, an assistant coach at William Woods who has also been an assistant coach with the Bombers for three years.

"I think he'll be great," Kindle said. "We have a very similar coaching style. You're still going to see a lot of small-ball tactics with moving runners and stolen bases. It'll be a fast team again. He'll do a good job of that."

Adam Steyer will join the staff as an assistant coach. Steyer was with the Omaha Diamond Spirit in 2014 and is an assistant coach at Midland University in Fremont, Neb. A coach with a pitching background, he was with Chillicothe when they won a MINK League title in 2009.

"The program is in great shape," Kindle said. "I'll still do all the recruiting. We've had the team for six seasons and we've been very successful with four MINK League South championships and one MINK championship and 28 draft picks. I don't think Craig will miss a beat with how the team is run."

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment